Tanmay is a self taught Fine ART landscape photographer based in the San Francisco Bay Area. He works as a hardware designer for Apple, and spends most of his free time exploring the LANDSCAPE of WESTERN UNITED STATES and Beyond. He was born and raised near Mumbai, India, and has lived in the United States for a good part of the last decade.
His first foray into photography was through traveling with his parents to remote corners of India. He started out in street and fine-art Conceptual photography at the age of 22, and This interest naturally culminated into landscape Photography because of his love for the wilderness.
Tanmay's work has been published and awarded internationally, and he wishes to use this platform to bring attention to issues related to environment and climate change.
Here is an in-depth interview with American photography that talks more about his background and philosophy.
As an artist, My goal is to portray the experience and feeling of being in a landscape with a little bit of my own flare. I hope to evoke a feeling of curiosity and wonder in the viewer when they lay eyes on my artworks.
- 'Eyes over the world ' by Rizzoli Publication
- 'Drone Futures : UAS in Landscape and urban Design' By CRC PRESS, UK
- Cover Page for Tamron USA's Summer 2021 Magazine
- Interview in SUMMER 2019 Issue of Tamron's US and European Magazine
- Multiple works awarded and Published on 1x.com
- 2021 International Landscape Photograph of the year- Winner
- National Geographic Yourshot Editor's spotlight - Summer 2019
- Runner Up in HAIDA's SUMMER 2021 Landscape Photography Competition